I am excited to share with you something I have been working on for the past 8 months…
A life coach could help you if…
- Life feels chaotic and you want more peace and joy in your relationships and home environment.
- You have lost their identity and cannot remember what bringsÂ youÂ joy.
- Struggling with finding peace and joy in parenting a child who is on his/her own developmental timeline (autism, apraxia of speech, developmental delays, ADHD, etc.)
- Creating or cultivating a connection with nature.
As a life coach…
- I can help people who want more out of their life and are willing to look at the thoughts, beliefs and stories that are holding them back from living a life that is filled with more joy, peace and love than they could ever imagine.
- I work 1:1 with clients via phone or in person if you are in the area
- I will be teaching tele-classes based on common issues that come up, such as â€œpeaceful parenting,â€ â€œfinding out whoÂ youÂ really are and what brings you joy,â€ “setting healthy boundaries” and â€œsurviving the holidays.â€
- I will be leading a tele-book group for Martha Beck’s new book “Finding Your Way in a Wild New World.”
- I will also have â€œfee-freeâ€ call hour once a month to do one on one coaching on a first come, first serve basis. Depending on the demand, I may open this up to a group call, something I have personally found to be beneficial to be part of!
- If you are part of a group (school, neighborhood, etc.) and would like me to cover a specific topic, I can set that up as a tele-class.
I have done lots of free practice coaching and now need 25 paid hours to qualify for certification. If you are or know someone who is interested in improving themselves and their lives, I would be honored if you passed my website to them –www.margaretwebblifecoach.com.
I am offering 1:1 coaching for $25 per 50 minute session but in February my rates will increase to $50 for 50 minute sessions. Appointments can be scheduled by clickingÂ hereÂ and can be done over the phone.
My heart’s desire has always been to help people and right now I am feeling pulled to help people who want more peace and joy in their lives. One of the many things that having Andrew has taught me is that I cannot live vicariously through him and need to have things that I am passionate about and bring me joy. I now know that in order to be the best mother/wife/friend/person for anyone, I have to be the best me.
Martha Beck Life Coaching
I learned life coaching from Dr. Martha Beck (www.marthabeck.com), a monthly columnist for Oprahâ€™s O Magazine (check her out here onÂ Oprah’s Lifeclass WebinarÂ – even Oprah was amazed!) and some amazing Martha Beck Master Life Coaches*.
Martha Beck is the author of several books, â€œThe Joy Diet,â€ â€œFinding Your Own North Star,â€ â€œSteering By Starlightâ€ a new one that is being released December 27th – â€œFinding Your Way in a Wild New World.â€
She also happens to be the mother of a son with Down Syndrome (her memoir of this experience â€œExpecting Adamâ€ is Targetâ€™s Book Club book!) and when I was really struggling with accepting Andrew’s autism and apraxia it helped to hear her perspective of the path she went through to come to terms with what this meant as well as experiencing all of the gifts that having a child who doesn’t fit what you “thought” it was going to be like.
Nature Based Coach Training
In addition to the Martha Beck Life Coach training, I am also part of Sagefire Instituteâ€™s Nature Based Coach Training program working with Master Life Coach Michael Trotta who is a master teacher and naturalist. Spending more time in nature has improved my self-awareness and I will be leading nature based coaching retreats for self discovery, peaceful parenting and team building.
Here is a link to my Facebook page for Margaret Webb Life Coaching. I’d LOVE for you to “like” it!
I have also been consulting with people who have relatives or friends with children on the autism spectrum because they want to understand or they have questions that they do not feel comfortable asking parents of these children. These people want to connect with the child. They want to help the parents. They just don’t know how to do so and don’t want to come across as being intrusive or insensitive. This is where I step in. I shed light on the daily struggles of parenting a child with autism as well as help to explain things from a different perspective because as I have learned, things aren’t always as they seem. No doom and gloom or pity seeking here, just helping to explain a different kind of normal!
If you can relate to this and have questions, want to get my perspective OR are a parent who would like some suggestions for how to explain things/behaviors/frustrations/etc. to family members, you can sign up here for a consultation session. Please know that I do not pass judgement on anyone and everything remains confidential. I really have heard it all, ranging from things said to me about Andrew (“I would have never known! He looks like he’s normal.”) to people inquiring about a child’s behaviors they call “odd” only to have a greater sense of compassion and understanding of those behaviors after talking with me.
My rates for consultation services will be the same as my life coaching rates, $25/5o minutes until February when they will raise to $50/50 minutes. You can sign up here for an appointment and will take place over the phone.
My Obstacle Course 2.0
Don’t worry,Â I will still be on the lookout for ways to share how to “engage, encourage and empower” you and your children at home and will post when I find things or think of ideas, but my year of frequent posts has come to an end. Writing these almost daily posts was a great joy and also more time intensive than I imagined. I have lots of ideas percolating in my brain that I think will help people like you even more but haven’t been able to put them together in a useful format, yet, so stay tuned!
Thank you so much for all of the support you have given me during this year and I look forward to working with those who are ready to find their peace (and joy) in the chaos of life!
Love and gratitude,